Saturday, January 23, 2010

spelling vs reading

rumor has it that good readers are good spellers. that is not true for me. i love to read and read a lot, but i am a horrendous speller. i think the disconnected started when i was very young. my parents tell the story of when i was 3 or so and would get into the playpen with my sister, Hanell, to read to her. we had a book that had animal pictures in it. i always used to read the letters and then the word. "P-U-P-P-Y... DOG!"
i'm afraid caleb will have the same issue. the other day, we were playing with stamps. he has a stamp from gram that says HUGS that we were using. and he was reading it to me, "H-U-G-S... SNUGGLES!"
i love that boy!

1 comment:

alexanders said...

Lauren, thanks for your comment... it SO made me smile, i totally hadn't thought about that :) i read your blog from time to time, its fun keeping up with your family and the cute things your kiddos say and do :) much love, hannah